Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Simple Things

Riding the bus was something that I've never had to do. I live in a small town and if I wasn't allowed to drive I could walk or ride by bike to where ever I needed to go. The bus was never anything more than a way to get to school when it was cold out. Now it's become something more than just a means to an end. While riding the bus today I looked around. Most people on the bus kept to themselves, some looked up to make eye contact for just a second nodded and continued in their own world. A few were regulars probably rode the same route everyday and got to know that the bus driver was from Cali. The bus was like its own little community. It had the kid riding home from school and the business man with this awesome shoes. It included the teenager not caring about the world and the elderly being kind to everyone. Not knowing what to do when I got to the bus stop was a little odd, but the help we got from the lady (who I wouldn't want to get on her bad side) was very helpful to let us know exactly how the city bus worked. I'm glad that I got to see a different aspect of life than what I have ever known. The bus gave me a different view of where I'm spending the college years than what I would have had not seen otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. There is something so humbling about being the odd man out when you seeming have so much more than others.

    ReplyDelete